Monday, June 16, 2008

Cross training time

If you've been tagged with a running meme recently, see below....

I haven't been posting about new trail runs because there haven't been any. I'm still recovering from 2 problem areas in my lower legs/feet. I'm trying to stay positive and think that this is my body's way of telling me it's time to start cross training. I've been easing (so I don't destroy my quads) into some outdoor biking to get some low impact aerobic activity. I'm as weak biking on hills as I was at running them several months ago, which is to say pitiful.

I'm also going to try the Hundred Pushups Challenge I saw listed on Andrew's blog. I don't think I've ever done more than 40 or so consecutive pushups, even in my younger, lighter days, so this should be "fun". I have done 1-2 sets a week this year and my initial exhaustion test this weekend was 33 straight pushups.

4 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

You're ahead of me in the number of pushups you can do. It's going to be interesting to see how many folks actually make it to the 100!

Jeff said...

Yes, I'm wondering how sore I'm going to be this week. I got through Day 1 ok today: 10/10/8/6/17. I thought 5-10 might be all I could manage for that last set. I did take 2 min. rest before the last one, 1 min. before the others.

Ellie Hamilton said...

Hey, I'm going to do the 100 pushup challenge too, and I'm really glad you're doing it 'cause that's how I found it!

My initial test ability was 15, which at 55+ puts me at Level 3. Yay!

Jeff said...

That's great - both that you're doing it, and that you did so many pushups the first time!

I have to give credit to Andrew (above) - I saw it on his blog originally.